Couples photography in Scotland
Stop right there.
Let’s leave the awkward posing, the pinterest-worthy props and the forced smiles behind us.
THIS IS A
Have you ever been curious to know what you really look like as a couple together? It’s a wonderful thing to see the shape of your love from an outside perspective.
In my alternative approach of mixing moments of vulnerability and playfulness, I’ll make sure to capture you both, exactly as you are.
I work with a diverse range of couples – no matter the age, race, sexual preference or style. If you can see yourself in my work, then so can I!
questions & answers
how long will we shoot for?
My normal couples session will last between 1-2 hours with a wee break for tea. This gives us plenty of time to get comfortable in the front of the camera.
But if you are interested in longer sessions then check out my adventure session for more info.
where will our session take place?
I love to shoot in a place that has a special meaning to you as a couple. If that’s not do-able for any reason then I use my detective skills to uncover little hidden local spots to suit your style.
Adventurers or travellers? Great! I offer adventure sessions and destination shoots further afield.
what do we need to bring?
Just yourselves! No need to bring any props unless it’s particularly important to you. Less you need to carry the more comfortable you will be. We’ll move from spot to spot a fair bit. Doggos welcome.
when do we shoot?
Your photos will be 10x better if we shoot early in the morning or in the couple of hours before sunset. The time of the year has a big impact on the specific times but we can chat about that at our booking.
what do we wear? help!
This is the most asked about topic…Rule number 1: dress for comfort! Of course, you want to look good on your shoot but not at the expense of feeling awkward in your outfit. If you feel great in what you’re wearing, odds are you will feel more comfortable in front of the camera.
Some general notes:
· It’s Scotland… and we all know what that means! Bring some layers and a brolly.
· Choose an outfit that flatters you and makes you feel amazing. Try it on beforehand and ask yourself, does this outfit make me feel good? Confident? If not, try another.
· This doesn’t mean rushing out to buy an expensive or trendy outfit – you should wear something that is a reflection of you and your own style. Don’t be afraid to go really dressy if that’s what you want. Or casual. This is all about what you want.
· I recommend staying away from anything which is too distracting i.e. large logos, words or loud patterns. Wearing all one colour (i.e. all black or white) or super bright block colours can also be a bit distracting.
· Lastly, it’s best to avoid clashing with each other – easy to forget this one! On the other hand, try not to entirely match (if you decide to both wear jeans, try wearing different colours so they don’t blend together into one large set of legs). If you’re feeling super prepped, lay your outfits out to make sure they look nice next to each other.
we’re really awkward in front of a camera, will our photos be pants?
Absolutely not. Almost all couples feel this way (to start with!) – It’s such an unusual situation to be asked to be in front of a camera with your partner for longer than 30 seconds.
I usually start the session with a few silly photos to get used to the camera and then the rest of the session will be getting cosy, having fun and getting to know you as a couple. I’ll have a few cues and prompts along the way to help you feel more comfortable.
Don’t worry about awkward giggles, they look great in the photos!
how will we receive our photos?
Once your images have been culled down and edited, I’ll send you a link to a private gallery with the final high-res images for download (approx. 20-30).
With your permission, there will also be a few popped up on social media and the blog so you can easily share with family and friends.
With an incredible eye for detail, a kind and easy going manner and many-a-joke, she helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera, revealing beauty where our self-conscious eyes might not see it. Raini’s pictures always make me feel strong, confident and connected; to myself, to my husband and to the moments we shared.
…her humour, attention to detail, knowledge of the locations and overall demeanor made for an unforgettable experience and our photos speak to her talent. Raini, thank you for not only capturing, but actively helping us to create such special moments!
Raini captured the most beautiful, intimate shots celebrating my pregnancy with my hubby and made us feel so much at ease even though I have never thought of myself as being a natural in front of the camera before. We couldn’t have been happier with the photos and already have one enlarged on a canvas, pride of place in our living room.
Feeling good about this?
Let’s take a look at the different shoot options I have…